Nuapay provides the option to interact with Open Banking as an individual Merchant or as a Partner entity (with the ability to call services on behalf of specific merchants linked to that entity).
|Merchant||A single entity; calls Nuapay Open Banking APIs for itself|
|Partner||An entity with one or more child merchants linked to it; calls Nuapay Open Banking APIs on behalf of individual merchants (using an OAuth token to reference the required merchant entity)|
As a merchant:
- Nuapay Customer Support will issue you with an API Key, unique to your business, when first onboarded.
- Use this key to authenticate your API requests (Basic Auth).
- Or, alternatively, use your API key to generate OAuth tokens.
For more on this see Merchant Integration.
When interacting with the Open Banking services as a partner, you will need to generate and use a specific token per merchant in your API requests.
The following steps are required to generate an access token for a specific merchant:
- You will be provided with a (Partner-grade) API Key when onboarded.
- Use this API Key to call the
GET /organisationsservice; this returns a list of all organisations/merchants configured under your partner entity in Nuapay.
- Select the required merchant’s encoded identifier from the response.
- Pass that encoded merchant identifier to the
Security /tokenendpoint to retrieve an OAuth token unique to the selected merchant.
Use the OAuth token returned in the response in all subsequent API requests generated by you, as partner, on behalf of your merchant.
For more on this see Partner Integration.