It is possible to use OAuth tokens as an alternative to
API Keys, to access the Nuapay APIs. API Keys provide a straightforward way for applications to access APIs, but they have some limitations:
- They can be easily shared, which can lead to unauthorized access to your data.
- Additionally, if an API Key is compromised, it can be challenging to revoke access to it.
- There is also the danger that you could re-generate your API key in error, via the Developer Dashboard, which would result in you losing access to your Nuapay services.
OAuth tokens, provide a more secure and flexible way to authorize access to your data. Tokens:
- Allow you to control exactly which resources an application can access and for how long.
- In addition, tokens can be easily revoked.
When Do I Need to Use OAuth Tokens?
Token management is mandatory for partner users and optional for merchant users.
- As a
partner, once you generate an OAuth token representing a specified merchant, you can initiate any API requests on behalf of that merchant.
- As a
merchant, you may also want to authenticate with OAuth tokens rather than using an
See the API section for details of the various Token endpoints.