Use this request to return the balance on a specific account. The response will return two balance amounts:
- BOOKED_BALANCE - the balance on the account at a given point in time.
- AVAILABLE_BALANCE - the balance amount that may be used to initiate Credit Transfer payments.
- An Account initially has a
- A Credit Transfer for €400.00 is created with an execution date = tomorrow.
- When the payment is created it has an initial status = PENDING (i.e. it is not immediately debited from the account and credited to the beneficiary); a reserve (or hold) is placed on the funds.
- After creating this payment,
AVAILABLE_BALANCEis now = €600.00.
- At this point, €1,0000.00 is still credited on the account (the
- €400.00 has been set aside for the payment that will be issued tomorrow.
- If you wanted to create a second Credit Transfer, at this point, you would only be able to create a payment up to a maximum value = €600.00 i.e. up to the total value of the
- Once the payment is successfully credited to the beneficiary on its execution date (tomorrow, in this example), the
BOOKED_BALANCEis updated to €600.00.
dateuntilparameter. This takes a Unix Epoch timestamp and defaults to the current date
When working with our APIs, please use the Sandbox URI when testing and the Live URI when you move to Production.
LIVE https://api.nuapay.com SANDBOX https://sandbox.nuapay.com/
If you haven't done so already and would like to do some testing, please Request Sandbox Access
Important: Endpoints and Webhooks may be extended from time to time and any changes we make will follow our Versioning and Backward Compatibility rules. This means that the code that you write today must be designed to be robust enough to handle any future changes (where a new object is added to (or removed from) a specific API response, for example).