The Create Direct Debit request must:
- Include the resource identifier Creditor Scheme ID (CSID) or Service User Number (SUN) (see the List Creditor Scheme request)
- Reference an active mandate (its resource ID)
- A successful request will result in a Direct Debit being set up in
READY_FOR_EXPORTstatus: the payment is created but has not yet been forwarded to SEPA Clearing or to Bacs Clearing for processing (see Direct Debit Statuses for more information).
A Note on End-to-End Identifiers in the Bacs Scheme
When creating a Direct Debit against a Bacs DDI, please note:
endToEndIdwill be automatically applied if you do not want to provide this identifier.
- If you do want to specify the
endToEndIdit must follow the following rules:
- It must be at least 6 alphanumeric characters in length and cannot exceed a total of 18 characters.
- IMPORTANT! It must include the
mandateIdi.e. the DDI reference as its initial characters; so if your
endToEndIdvalues would be
ABCDEF123/456, for example.
- The following non-alphanumeric characters are supported and may be used in the
- Full stop(.)
- Slash (/)
- Hyphen (-)
- Blank space ( )
When working with our APIs, please use the Sandbox URI when testing and the Live URI when you move to Production.
LIVE https://api.nuapay.com SANDBOX https://sandbox.nuapay.com/
If you haven't done so already and would like to do some testing, please Request Sandbox Access
Important: Endpoints and Webhooks may be extended from time to time and any changes we make will follow our Versioning and Backward Compatibility rules. This means that the code that you write today must be designed to be robust enough to handle any future changes (where a new object is added to (or removed from) a specific API response, for example).